Tuesday 22 January 2013

Black Pipes

As you can see i have painted the pipes black. The mushroom paint was very powdery and the finish was not very nice. Although they remind me slightly of drainpipes now i think it was for the best.



I also have moved them about a bit and tried some arrangements recommended by the CMR directors Darren and Liam. They seemed to think that the work was better in the two opposing corners of the room as if they were having an argument. I can understand this aesthetically and it does work but the pieces were made to be together so i think i will return them to the middle of the room where they sit together more comfortably. Here are some pictures anyway...




This is also the first time i have tried standing the pipe up slightly. it does self support in this position and I was considering it because there is not much height to the work when you take the upright valve tap piece out. I don't like it though and doubt I will present the work like this.



No comments:

Post a Comment